28 Catt Wolff: Preparing to be Onstage
Catt Wolff: Preparing to be Onstage
Catt Wolff is a writer and comedian who has been performing stand-up comedy for more than a decade. She has a B. A. in theatre as well as a master's degree in creative writing. She currently studies and performs improvisational comedy at the Groundlings theatre and school in Los Angeles.
Questions You'll Hear Today:
- What’s the biggest secret to a successful performance that standup comedians use?
- What exactly is the “4th wall” and what can I do to make sure it’s not separating me from my audience?
- What can you do if someone asks a question you don’t know the answer to?
- What are some ways to prepare for unexpected interruptions during your speech or presentation, such as technical malfunctions or someone’s cell phone ringing?
- How much rehearsal is too much? What are the best ways to prepare while still staying open to spontaneity and authenticity on stage?
- What’s the best way to deal with nervousness or self-consciousness?
- Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses on stage. How do I know what I should work on?
Connect with Catt Wolff:
Connect with Danielle Taylor:
Website: M2CEO Podcast
Youtube: Youtube Channel
LinkedIn: Danielle Taylor Profile
Show Notes by Show Producer: Jessie Taylor
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.