07 Raising Money to Reach New Career Heights
Reach us here:
Facebook: Millennial to CEO Podcast
Raising Money to Reach New Career Heights
Victor Menasce (pronounced Menash) is a serial entrepreneur and author of two books on investing. His most recent book is Magnetic Capital: How to Raise All the Funds for ANY Worthy Venture. He started his career as an engineer designing microprocessors. Victor has held senior roles in technology companies, and now is developing real estate in multiple markets.
Victor is an expert at raising capital. He's raised over $300 million in his career so far and had raised a lot of money but never really considered that to be a super-power. One day, a securities attorney was listening to his presentation in a mastermind in San Diego. They observed that Victor's unique expertise was raising funds. Everything else should be delegated. Along the way, Victor realized that raising money was easy at times and very difficult at other times. He eventually figured out the formula, and that became the genesis of Magnetic Capital.
Questions You'll Hear Today:
- You've run several businesses. Give us some of your backstory. In particular, what were some of the ingredients that determined the difference between success or failure?
- Along the way, you developed the skill of raising money. I know a lot of people are uncomfortable asking for money. It almost feels like begging. How did you overcome that?
- What are your thoughts on the different kinds of startups, venture funded, angel funded, versus boot-strapped?
- Many of our listeners are young entrepreneurs. What are your thoughts on hiring older workers who may not respect a young leader?
- I hear that you're writing another book on entrepreneurship. Tell us about that.
Connect with Victor Menasce:
Produced by www.TurnKeyPodcast.com You're the expert, let us help you prove it.