08 Decoding Business Success Through Curiosity
Reach us here:
Facebook: Millennial to CEO Podcast
Decoding Business Success Through Curiosity
Christopher Sims is the Vice President and co-owner of the tech startup, Codifi. They focus on paperless data solutions and workflow consulting. But before he joined Codifi, he worked as an archaeologist all over Central America, the United States, and Portugal, even studying Neanderthals and the ancient Maya. How did this engineer-turned-archaeologist-turned-tech-VP get to where he is now?
If Christopher has to claim to be an expert at something, Chris would say he's an expert at staying curious. When he's trying to solve something, Chris comes away with more and bigger questions. People trust him to know the limits of technology, the limits of the way they do their work. When you fully know the boundaries of something you can push beyond them. Chris started pushing the boundaries of working paperlessly when he was sent to do an archaeology project by himself in rural Indiana and he tried to find ways to make less work for himself.
Questions You'll Hear Today:
- How did this engineer-turned-archaeologist-turned-tech-VP get to where he is now?
- What do you think are some of the professional challenges to overcome that are unique to millennials?
- How does your second life as an archaeologist shape your approach to what you do with Codifi?
- What influences or sources have you found useful in forming your leadership philosophy?
- What are some of the differences between working for a company and having high levels of responsibility, and having ownership in your company?
- What is one thing you want to help other millennials understand better about career development?
Connect with Christopher Sims:
Produced by www.TurnKeyPodcast.com You're the expert, let us help you prove it.